About AVR Studio 6
AVR Studio 6
is a software development environment developed by Atmel. It is meant to replace AVR Studio 5
going forward providing a single development platform for Atmel's 8-bits, 32-bits and ARM Cortex-M families of AVR microcontrollers.
Some Features of AVR Studio 6
- It is a full software development environment with an editor, simulator, programmer, etc.
- It comes with its own integrated C compiler the AVR GNU C Compiler (GCC)
. As such you do not need a third party C compiler.
- It provides a single environment to develop programs for both the 8-bits, 32-bits and ARM Cortex-M AVR series of microcontrollers.
- It also integrates fully QTouch studio.
- Provides support for several programmers including the STK500, AVR Dragon, etc.